Thursday, December 27, 2018

A-Z Blogging Challenge - The letter Z is for Zaduszniki, Kujawsko-Pomorski, Poland (Rutkowski, Michaelski)!

In 2017, there was a challenge. I heard about it from jillballau blog and more information can be found out about it on the A-Z Blogging Challenge (which was at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/) page itself. However, as I was testing links I found the A-Z Blogging Challenge link is no longer working *frown*

Many people had done this challenge in April 2017, but I’m a rebel and do things when I have time, so I’ll do mine now. I’ve been working on it over many days, and was hoping to get it all done before posting BUT it’s taking me a lot longer than I expected. I’ll do a few posts now and work on the rest. 

I know I have about ½ of this challenge done in draft format, so not too bad.  J

What can I say – I’m an original. So, here I go…

The letter Z is for Zaduszniki, Kujawsko-Pomorski, Poland (Rutkowski, Michaelski)!

I have to be truthful to you, but I haven't really done any research into this area. 
Valerie's picture on her headstone. Credit: Find a Grave

I only know of it because my great grandmother Walerja Rutkowski Ostrzyski or Valerie Ostrzycki was born here according to her marriage document. 

Above is marriage document and translation regarding the region. Credit is Poland Archives
This leads me to ask, where exactly is this place? I've never heard of it, so off I go searching on Google Earth. 
Zaduszniki close up near Lipno and Plock. Credit: Google Earth
But this doesn't give me exactly where it is in Poland, so I scroll out and find that its north west of Warsaw.

This is where Zaduszniki is in relation to Warsaw. Credit: Google Earth
Now I can research on what was going on around here in the early 1900s.

On a website, Lipno's history remembered as the following:

Credit
This shows just how fluid Poland has been over the many years.
I could find in August 1863, this is the way they dealt with people near there.
Credit

Could the reason why they got out is this and/or her oldest son becoming of age and a requirement was to serve in the Russian military?


I'll have to see what other information I can come up with. It should be interesting as I don't know much about this area.

Credit: Find a Grave

No comments:

Post a Comment