Thursday, August 13, 2020

Fresh Start - 52 Ancestors challenge

This is a prompt from 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks and is run by Amy Johnson Crow.

Information on the Topic
Fresh Start - Perhaps you have an ancestor who had to make a fresh start after a loss or setback. Maybe you had to make a fresh start on researching a particular ancestor. (We all have that one person who we thought was an ancestor... and then we discovered we were wrong. Back to square 1!)

In the past few years, I've had a few fresh starts with different things in my life. I had split up one blog into a few different ones because the one had a mash up of different topics which didn't really relate to each other and it needed to become all uniformed and some kind of sense put into it rather than it was just all different aspects of me. 

This is when I split up my technology stuff from my genealogy stuff. There was also a whole my point of views on things as well, but I've let that one go as the others took off and over my life really. That is when I started over on writing on my ancestors and trying to tell their stories on this blog. 

Would you believe it's been 6 years since I started this blog? It feels like just yesterday. 

August 2, 2014 was the first post. Wow. How time flies by. 

Honestly until I started to sit down and write up this blog post, I didn't realize it was almost exactly 6 years ago. 


I guess this could be the answer to the fresh start of the blog. I do know I was regularly posting, but haven't been in the last year. I think that's acceptable due to the personal stuff that went on. Now there is this whole COVID-19 stuff going on and that's been taking it out of me too. 

But no more! I'm here and determined to catch up on all the blog topics I've missed out on. 


New fresh start while I've been sent to the house without any chance for escaping for at least another 5 1/2 weeks. Ahhhh... 

No comments:

Post a Comment