Sunday, August 9, 2020

Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Bachelor Uncle

This year's challenge is 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks and is run by Amy Johnson Crow.

Information on the Topic
If you want to be technical about it, an ancestor is someone from whom you descend. But there are other people in our family trees. This week's theme of "bachelor uncle" is inspired by the brothers who never married and never had children. Another way to think of it would be a man who married late in life, the one who people thought would always be a bachelor.

Credit: J. Fitzgerald. Me thinking hard about who I use for the topic. 

This is a difficult topic because there are really no one who didn't marry who didn't become a nun or doctor in either side of the family (or that I've been able to find). In fact, many of my ancestors liked the opposite sex either enough to marry and stay married or had a long partner after the marriage broke down. 

From what I've heard, is my uncle Jimmy would probably be the closest to the mix. This being said, I don't know much about the entire topic so I don't really want to speculate. 

Besides, those of you out there know I don't comment or try to write about people who are still currently alive because we all deserve a bit of privacy and I respect that. 

This all being said, I'll leave this out there as I would say "Hanging out like a hemorrhoid!". 

Feel free to comment below on any relative you might think falls into this topic and why. I'll be more than happy to update it with the different suggestions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment