Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Update on an earlier post

 Hi Everyone

This is an update on my post regarding Cemetery Crawl - Ancestors in 52 Weeks post regarding my mother in-law who passed in April 2021. 

As anyone who knows who's had to go through the documents and things after someone who's passed away, you know how much goes into such things. My mother in-law's estate wasn't very big, but what there was had unexpected results, shall we say which we had to deal with. 

Then we had the normal COVID outbreaks and lockdowns besides our normal everyday activities and other unexpected things governments around the world have thrown at me in the last 6 months. 

On top of all of the above, I was in the process of making my mother in-law a quilt when she passed away. My goal was to get it done before the weather turned really cold in May/June. My mother in-law passed in April, which is what the above post had pictures of. 

A picture of part of the quilt for my mother in-law
Credit: J. Fitzgerald

I turned the quilt from a quilt for her, to a quilt memorial OF her. 

The front of the quilt. You can't see the quilting, but there are roses, forgetmenots, cats, tulips, and doves within the white fabric. Credit: J. Fitzgerald


The label of the quilt which I did by hand (left) and the back of the quilt. Credit: J. Fitzgerald

Then as I finished the above, I had to get some other stuff for where I volunteer for done for the end of the year and Annual Report. 

As you can see, there was a bit going on for me, which is why there have been no posts lately. Sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment