Monday, February 8, 2021

A Valentine from the past - Ancestors in 52 Weeks

 Another prompt by 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks challenge. It's run by Amy Johnson Crow.

Information on the Topic
Week 6's theme is "Valentine." Do you have any Valentines from any of your ancestors? Or maybe you have an ancestor named Valentine. (I remember when I was little being surprised to learn that Valentine was a "boy's name.") How about an ancestor that you wish you could exchange valentines with? Have fun with the theme!

When I first read the topic for this one, I thought of the card I have that I made my mother. Upon looking it up, I found it was for Mother's Day instead. Thinking fast, I decided to use a few of my Valentine's Day from the past to write about. 

My now husband, sent me these flowers for our first Valentine's Day. It was quite a feat as I lived in New York at the time and he lived in Melbourne Australia. I still have the mug but don't dare to use it as the handle is cracked and would probably break if I tried to use it.

Credit: J. Fitzgerald

This is from our second Valentine's Day (below). Within a few months I would be moving from the US to Australia. 

                                                                      Credit: J. Fitzgerald

We do still celebrate it, as its one of the few days of the year I refuse to cook a meal, but its usually celebrated by going out to eat and maybe a movie if something is on we want to see. 

Like all things 2020, it was different. We were in lockdown here and could only drive within 5 miles from home, so I called in an take away order, picked it up, and came home and we had it sitting at the table. However, it was different, but it was also safe. 

It is hard to believe this May will mark our 24th wedding anniversary. We're just about to celebrate our 26th year together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment