Tuesday, January 26, 2021

I'm here...!

 Hi Everyone. 

Well the last year and a bit have been interesting haven't they? Last year at this point, I was just starting to settle down into daily life after the holidays. 

Usually, our house is in an uproar until Australia Day, which is held on January 26th, every year. Many people think once they go back at the start of January, things get to go back. However, here in Australia people go back soon after New Year's Day, but my husband usually let's me get things back to semi normal before he takes time in late January or February. 

2020 was to be different for us though before everything hit the fan. 

My husband tries and books things as they approach. Yeah, not so smart anymore. Last year I finally got him to see this and he booked in a load of concerts he wanted to go to. In fact, I even booked a show in as well. This was scheduled for March. Well, we know what happened - COVID and lockdowns - and no shows were seen after a certain date. 

Instead, we were home during the time the whole virus thing went nuts. Then life went nuts. 

And because of life getting nuts, my posts here went nuts. 

I did make a great dent in them but never caught up. 

Now its 2021 and people here are getting used to all the new restrictions and accepting how everyone has been be careful now. Life is getting back in somewhat of normal. And that brings me to now. 

Hubby took just before Christmas until Australia Day off. Yep, 5 whole weeks. He had a few plans of going out to take some pictures and to go and visit his father in New South Wales. Well, that didn't happen like he wanted it to because of the border restrictions when an outbreak happened. 

Instead we went up near the border for 2 days and spent almost 5 hours with my father in law in our state. Good, but not exactly what we were expecting. 

The paddlesteamer where we had lunch. Credit: J. Fitzgerald

The painted Silos at Rochester. Credit: J. Fitzgerald

Then we came home and he worked on his car, and then decided a few days before him going back to work we needed a new refrigerator, so that's what we've been working on until today when he had to go back to work.

Along with all of this came the 2 year anniversary of my brother's passing as well. That wasn't a good day at all. 

As of today, he's back to work and I can get back to some kind of normal life after I catch up on some stuff. 

some of that normal stuff is getting caught up with this blog and getting back to posting regularly. 

At least, that's the goal....



No comments:

Post a Comment