Friday, October 19, 2018

A-Z Blogging Challenge - The letter N is for Nur!

In 2017, there was a challenge. I heard about it from jillballau blog and more information can be found out about it on the A-Z Blogging Challenge (which was at http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/) page itself. However, as I was testing links I found the A-Z Blogging Challenge link is no longer working *frown*

Many people had done this challenge in April 2017, but I’m a rebel and do things when I have time, so I’ll do mine now. I’ve been working on it over many days, and was hoping to get it all done before posting BUT it’s taking me a lot longer than I expected. I’ll do a few posts now and work on the rest. 

I know I have about ½ of this challenge done in draft format, so not too bad.  J

What can I say – I’m an original. So, here I go…

The letter N is for Nur!

Nur is in Poland. 

Nur and areas where my great grandparents and grandmother were born/married/lived from Google Earth
This is where my paternal grandmother's parent were married in 1905. 

Adam and Maryanne's (my great grandparents) wedding entry in Russian. Credit
This was held, according to the transcriptions I've had done. I had two different sources transcribe the document so they were independent and I could see if they had come up with the same information. 

Anyhow, this document gave me great insight to the life both great grandparents had and an insight at my 2x great grandparents. 

One translation of the above wedding certificate

I could tell where they were both living, the state of their lives and occupations, where they lived and how much church meant to them. 

I could tell where their parents were, their names, if they owned a business, and if they were alive or dead. Very telling times for people around this time due to them being under Russia's influence and control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment